MyCEB Fosters Economic Growth Through Business Events
To end the productive year of 2012, MyCEB presented its current achievements and revealed its future plans to further boost Malaysia’s business tourism industry in its recent 2012 Media Briefing session. The Bureau’s successes and plans were announced by the three pillars of MyCEB, namely En. Zulkefli Sharif, Chief Executive Officer; Ms Ho Yoke Ping, General Manager of Sales and Marketing, Business Events Unit (BEU) and Mr. Tony Nagamaiah, General Manager of the International Events Unit (IEU).
During the session, Zulkefli announced “We are proud to say that the operational direction of the Bureau is generally healthy and smooth sailing. Despite the challenges from global competitions, especially our regional counterparts, we see the positive increase of business tourists visiting Malaysia. The number of business tourist to Malaysia has increased from 1,278,014 in 2010 to 1,285,145 in 2011”
According to Ms. Ho Yoke Ping, “Delegates are interested in Malaysia as statistics have shown that we receive a steady number of delegates in international association meetings as compared to our competitors. In 2012, we have managed to secure 25 bids for international association meetings which will bring in approximately RM 342 million in economic impact to the country.” Ho also elaborated on BEU’s efforts to increase arrivals through consistent messaging in promoting the country such as its newly launched incentive campaign known as ‘Malaysia- Asia like never before’.
In 2012, Malaysia successfully hosted world-class business events such as the 25th World Gas Conference 2012 (5,299 delegates) and the 43rd Union World Conference on Lung Health (2,600 delegates). Recent association meetings secured for Malaysia include 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention 2013 (6,000 delegates), International Dragon Award (IDA) Annual Conference (5,000 delegates), International Convention of Toastmasters International 2014 (2,000 delegates), 12th International Congress on Obesity 2014 (3,000 delegates), Human Genome Meeting 2015 (1,000 delegates) and Annual Meeting of the Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (1,500 delegates).
As the backbone of the nation’s business and major events industry, it is safe to say that MyCEB is well on its way to achieve its mission under the ETP to grow business tourism and major events tourist arrivals to the country.
- MyNEWS 5th Edition - January 2013
- Malaysia Nabs More Accolades!
- Malaysia Impresses World Experts In Lung Health As Host Of Annual Conference
- Malaysia’s Spice Market Continues To Woo International Audience
- MyCEB Fosters Economic Growth Through Business Events
- MyCEB Conducts First Associations Dialogue Session
- More Programmes As MyCEB Continues To Nurture Growth Of Industry
- MyCEB Announces Appointment Of Reliance Conventions & Events Under PPP
- MyCEB Collaborates With Poh’s Kitchen In Australia Roadshow
- 16th Asian Congress Of Architects (ACA) Locks In Malaysia For 2014
- MyCEB’s New Key Appointment
- Upcoming Events in Quarter 1
- Upcoming Activities