MME Application Process
- Applicants must be the registered event owner that has sufficient and proven experience in financial administration and the necessary management skills to undertake the project. (Must provide an outline of the organisational structure of event, including event management structure, outline of strategic plan or long-term vision and targets for future growth and a viable business plan).
- Sports events – Applications must provide minimum 3 months notification prior to bid, or 13 months notification prior to event occurrence if already secured, or whichever is the longest period.
- Arts, Cultural and Lifestyle events – Applications must provide minimum 3 months notification prior to bid, or 7 months notification prior to event occurrence if already secured, or whichever is the longest period
MyCEB retains the right to refuse applications made less than specified periods. Special consideration may be given if applicant is able to demonstrate:
- History of proven success in short marketing period to promote said event
- Strong fan base/attendees within Malaysia and ASEAN region, and
- Sound methods used to track previous audience attendance and profile.
- Event owner to complete and return event support application to MyCEB. A clear history of the event and a breakdown of previous number of visitors by geographical source must be provided.
- MyCEB to acknowledge receipt of application and advise application process time.
- MyCEB to review application and revert to event owners with any specific queries.
- On completion of full application, MyCEB to review application against set criteria and present recommended support to MyCEB Board Sub Committee.
- Subcommittee to approve/disapprove application.
- Final assessment may be subject to approval from PUSPAL for specified artists, performers, competitors (where applicable).
- Event owner to be notified of result by MyCEB. Event owner may or may not be required to resubmit application with further detail and/or explanatory notes.
- On approval of event support event owners must enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with MyCEB that specifies mutual obligations, support schedule and performance measures.